Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tread Softly

0 observations

Congrats to the Amomancer for his redesign of the front end of his website cityoflegends.com.

To reassure longtime fans, if you follow the "archive" link on the page, you get to the hundreds of poems he has always made available there. He couldn't bring himself to cut any...yet.

Speaking of his poems, here's an oldie but a goody...a lot of great history to this piece...but I cannot tell it as well as he can.


Tread Softly

tread softly on the carpets of my soul.
before no other have they been laid, so open,
and were they to be abused...surely I would die.
weave carefully your dreams to make me whole.
fashion them discreetly, do not parade
my love for you like some new toy...before every eye.
carve my flesh with blades of trust.
fear not my death, for I am made strong
by the love I sense in you...a love I know we share.
bury me not beneath time's dust,
for memory lies and I will live long
and at peace within the world...as only lovers may dare.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters