Monday, August 25, 2008

never tired to pray

0 observations

I wrote this in response to an amazing piece of art by my friend Mariya Andriychuk of the same name (as the poem). She liked it, and thus it makes its way into the Fields of Arbol.

never tired to pray

My sins are my own and I will atone for them
in time. My fading thoughts will be caught
on fingers worn from guilt and penance,
my eyes shaded by the faded senses
and I will find my voice to raise to the heavens.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters