Saturday, November 16, 2013

cleave

0 observations

short of my soul, which God holds,
I am yours.
if you would have me: human and bent,
sent to Hell and back on more than one trip for water for the burnt.
still with a few trips left
and a desire to inspire one more heart to feel something
honest and beautiful.
to make children,
whether of paper and ink and light
or flesh and blood.
to be for you all you ask of me,
want me to be,
need me to be.
that I can be.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters