Thursday, April 19, 2007

genii

0 observations

Ever take note of the fact that "genius" and "genii" come from the same root? Here's a tasty morsel based on a former lover's contention that he was her fulfiller of wishes and dreams.

genii

I don't want to disappoint you
but with my sweat to annoint you
as I labour for your pleasure
and I savour your delight.

let me peel your self-denial
and just lay back for awhile
let me measure you for memory
while I treasure your release.

for the joy that I will generate
will seem radiant as I penetrate
into corners of your spirit
where now mourners congregate

I am called by invocation
to achieve a consummation
to slide deep into your body
til you sleep as ne'er before

with your fragrant garden tended
and your broken heart well mended
you can rest within my arms
until your cresting hunger calls


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters