Tuesday, September 18, 2007

on the sands

0 observations

Okay, sixty days' vacation. Long enough. I'm back. What did I miss? Hmm...a new muse, a couple of good erotic and classic pieces and the new CDs. Typical.

Let's relight the fires with this brand new one from the poet himself, written to a newer muse.

On the sands

Meet me on the sands tonight
when eyes are, to dreams, sealed
and let me kiss, you in my arms,
when passions are concealed
from prying eyes and bitter lies
and our own tender course
that bids us touch and twine again
with all our hungry force.
Barefoot, bare, with windblown hair
you lay with me till dawn
and I will sing the memories
of moments' joy, now gone.
But never were and never will
and perhaps so for the best
that we shall never merge to lay,
the hated fates to test.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters