Wednesday, February 06, 2008

the sorrow of past errors

0 observations

I may be absent a lot, but I'm not gone!

Here's a tasty morsel out of the past.

the sorrow of past errors

I take my chances and taste the fruits
to see if they are bitter or sweet.
And though they prove bitter
for this am I wiser than those who never did eat.

But how I envy the gifted ones
who can tell with a single glance
if the fruit is poison or richer than honey
and never need take my chance.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters