Monday, February 04, 2008

shiny, shiny

0 observations

I'd say let's get down and dirty. But that would imply the wrong vector.

shiny, shiny

My shiny, shiny thing glistens with your wet remembrance
of the dance we just finished only a single step of,
for this is more than a night or a first-light delight.
You have drawn away my sorrow, swallowed it
and taken it into you to nourish you and remind me
that our acceptance of one another is unconditional,
as were your cries a moment ago when you felt
my shiny, shiny thing touch dark corners
with its hard light and my lips found yours
to share a breath as the small death overcame us both.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters