Friday, April 11, 2008

cascades radiant

1 observations

I feel the need to loosen my tie just a bit, if you don't mind.

cascades radiant

let down your hair to fall in cascades radiant
that frame a face for which there is not a trace
of doubt, in my heart, of its beauty. Aphrodite born
to warn mere mortals of the folly of mediocrity
as she fills my soul to overflowing with pink ink
to spill on page and wage a war with memories
that do not go gentle into that good night, but leave
feeling a bit rejected, disrespected, but thus is
the nature of moments transcendent, as when you
let down your hair to fall in cascades radiant.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

1 observations:

candy said...

Know me through these scattered words
left behind by waves, like shells on a beach.
Grains of sand falling through an hourglass;
ash of life, like dust.

Remember the moon, how she licked my face;
the tides how they tugged me this way and that;
the waves, gentle upon the shore.
Remember it all.

And find me in these words, for one day
they will remind you I was here. I shone
for you, as you did for me. We were stars
and together, we made light.

Remind me, lest I forget to rage against the dying
of the light; lest I go gently into that good night;
lest I forget from whence I came; and you,
lest I forget the beauty of you.

Remember.

(Rededicated to you. Because it's always been you.)

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters