Sunday, April 13, 2008

you are the shape of the hole in my soul

2 observations

And for you, a small token of my love.

you are the shape of the hole in my soul

you are the shape of the hole in my soul.
born to me, worn in me, past my control
to fill by my will, for it is your place
to stop with sweet solace the tears on my face.

for you are the light and the heat and the sky;
in your arms I find love and never will die.
for you are sustainment of all that I need,
you're the gentle rich earth in which I take seed.

I can imagine no other can touch me this way
in the warmth of the night, the light of the day
and all I can dream is made magic by you,
to love you forever is all I can do.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved,

2 observations:

candy said...

Love the title! The poem is a song. A stunning one.

William F. DeVault said...

Funny you should say that. I am working on the music and the song will premiere along with a massive thunderclap of other media files, on the peacat.com website in the next week.

All for you, my lady, all for you and you alone.

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters