Thursday, February 11, 2010

song of sorrows

0 observations

this is my song of sorrows
none of which I would trade
for a wink from God
as they have tempered my soul
and tested my resolve
and given me a knowledge of life
of love of hope of dreams
that those in the mediocrity
of constant sunshine
can never hope to comprehend
even if they read ten thousand books
about how to be a better person
written by someone who never will be
but has your money now, anyway,
this is my song of sorrows
and I am grateful for it
and for finding you, lingering here
in the shadows, singing softly
like a shy siren contemplating love


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 observations:

The Amomancer Tweets!

    follow me on Twitter

    Explaining the Tags

    You will note, gentle reader, that all works under this blog now display "tags" to help classify and assign the works for your review and enjoyment.

    These largely fall into 4 categories:

    Year of writing, e.g. "1999"
    Book published in, e.g. "from an unexpected quarter"
    Inspiring muse, e.g. "Aubergine"
    Genre, e.g. "erotica"

    We are still in the process of cleaning up the tags, so please bear with us. Yes, some muses are classified under more than one tag, some poems appear in more than one book, or not yet in any volume, and some years are...hazy.
    free counters